RE: Floor Traders-Sloppy Executions

I have a few disagreements with the amount of importance the comments
below have placed on worrying about a tick or two when day-trading the
S&P's....I guess what I have learned to do is lower my anxiety level when
trading(very important for my health and longevity).....I don't worry about
the bid/ask when I'm trading....why????It's just another reason to get my
"blood pressure" to raise up over nothing.  NOTHING????? yep...let me explain
why........

If I called my order in two seconds earlier I would have a different
fill....so why get all riled up about something that basically I have done to
myself or if I will only pay a specific price...then I put in a limit
order......Also, on a day like yesterday when we had one beautifull move...why
should I get upset about a tick or two when I have the possibility of scoring
1000 points(how would I have felt had I missed the move cause I was screwing
around for 1 tick???)???????

My trading results got a lot better when I took responsibility for all of my
actions and stopped worrying about the stuff that is beyond my control.  Yes,
it's nice to pay low commissions, but ya know what?????  Whether I pay
$12.50...$25.00..or even $45.00 a round turn won't make me a better trader....
I could care less if other people are making a living off of me.  The object
is to make money, not to see if I can get a great fill or pay low
commissions(great fills and low commissions don't do anything for me when I'm
wrong....and I don't care about em when I'm correct)......Of course, I care
about getting good, fair service....lowering your anxiety level by taking
responsibility for all of your actions will in the end make one a better
trader...........

Tom Stein  comfut@xxxxxxx