Moving Averages & the Like

Hello Everyone --
This is a copy of a message that was sent yesterday. Apologize for the redundancy but I had EMail/Server problems of my own.
Thank you Denise
************** Thank you for all of your responses regarding my EMail dated 7/22/97. To refresh your memory I had asked ....
"Could someone also help me with finding a more current study -- or your opinion on -- the value of the more complicated moving average studies vs. the simple moving average. According to my research, the simple application of two simple moving averages is just as dependable as the more complicated moving averages, including exponential, weighted and geometric averages."
THE RESULTS...Exponential -- 6 Simple Moving Average -- 4 and several requests to post the results.
1. Suggestion to look into DEMA - Dynamic Exponential Moving Average in the Sep/Oct 96 issue of TS Express. 2. Suggestion to look into VIMA - Variable Interval Moving Average at . 10 arithmatic moving averages plotted to form an 11th which is further adjusted. 3. Suggestion to look into Ending-Point Moving Average. Believe this to be an exponential MA -- couldn't find while searching TASC. However, trader stated "not much difference between the exponential and the simple moving averages". 4. Several individual opinions.
So...
In my opinion ... which makes it 6 EXP to 5 SIMPLE
For long-term to intermediate term positions (about 1 wk to 6 wks) I believe that using a combination of two simple moving averages is appropriate. However, I don't want to enter a position using only one technical analysis technique.
Now, for another question...
What do you think about combining a moving average study (which lags the market) and a probability indicator? Which TA indicator performs best according to your experience -- Bollinger Bands? Envelopes? Something Else?
Thank you for you response in advance. The postings regarding the moving average were very informative and meaningful for this forum.
Thank you again,
Denise

Denise Beebe Throntveit President FOREMOST FUTURES. LTD. 223 West Jackson Suite 600 Chicago, IL 60606 800-227-0335 EMail: foremost@xxxxxxxxxxxx