Re: GEN: Today's Program Trading Numbers!

Two sets of numbers comes from the BMI news monitor.  The spread is not
quite as wide as Programtrading.com but do seem to contain most of the
"range bound" trading.  In comparing ProgramTrading's numbers with the BMI
numbers I have found that when BMI's numbers are hit you have few programs
without much followthrough and often an intraday reversal, but when PT's
numbers are hit you know, you feel, you see that many serious programs are
in action.

One set of numbers from BMI for 7/31:
BP = 630
FV = 530
SP = 460

If you miss a day you can approximate the current day's numbers by taking
the difference of the two previous days and subtracting it from yesterday's
number.
Example Tuesday BP = 650 - Wed BP = 640 = 10, therefore Thurs BP = 640-10 =
630. Repeat the same simple calculation for FV and SP. This "linear"
relationship exists far from expiration on a day to day basis.

BobR

BP =