Re: GEN: brokers - stocks and options

For stocks I have used ...

1. Brown and company... Placed 4 or 5 orders with them. Long hold times,
surly brokers, bad fills and they would not let me hold until a market
order filled.

2. Washington DB... These guys were ok. I traded with them for a year or so
and have no complaints .

3. Prestige Status... I have traded here for a couple years and am pretty
happy. They are deep discount, almost always answer the phone by the third
ring and have the order in a minute later. They also have a good price
for directed execution. They are owned by and clear through Shroeder
Wertieim, Thier number is 800-STATUS1. I only trade stocks but they also
trade options.

If anyone knows of any brokers who trade stocks time and tick could
you please let me know.

regards,

Terry Rhodes