Re: GEN: brokers - stocks and options

Realtrader,
  Just thought I would add something to Phil's post regarding Fidelity's
Brokerage services.  Fidelity DOES NOT allow you to place STOP orders on
OTC stocks.  Other than that, I too, like and constantly use Fidelity's
FoxPlus online service.

  I have enclosed directly below a past post regarding FoxPlus.

 Hope this helps,
John Boggio
  I would suggest using Fidelity's FoxPlus vs their website if you want to
avoid delays.  Personally, I use Fox+ for multiply trades a day and have
very quick fills (seconds).  Suggestion, in order to speed your
transaction, connect with your ISP or their server in advance of your
preparation for a trade.  This way you are already connected and you simply
have to push a button and your trade is instantly sent.

  My complaints are: 1. After you send your transaction to their server,
they respond with a confirmation and a current quote.  If you agree, just
push one more button and you will fill in seconds.  The complaint is that
if you decide to change your limit order so that you hit the bid or ask,
you HAVE TO go back to the transaction page and change your order, then
click 'ok' and then wait a few seconds for the confirmation again.  This
whole process usually take me 30-60 seconds but in fast market conditions,
can mean hundreds of dollars.

2. The second complaint is that if you have multiple accounts at Fidelity
and you want to report the status of your order (are you filled or not),
their system does not prioritize the accounts so that the first account is
the one that you placed the order in.  In other words, when you click on
the check status button, their system MAY begin updating your mutual fund
accounts first and then your brokerage accounts.  I have 6 accounts so
sometimes I may have to wait up to 2-3 minutes to report a fill.  I hate
that!  I have informed them of this problem and they said they will
consider fixing it in future updates.

  Other than those 2 problems, I am very satisfied with Fox+.  Also, during
the day, I usually have my local ISP connected and usually do not have any
problems connecting to their server through my ISP.