Re: GEN: Optionstation

You should consider Option Vue IV. It's a mature program and very reliable.
I run it on a separate machine, and it does a good job. Reliability and
maturity in programs is important since I don't like it when these things
fail, especially during a session. OV is pretty much a brick house.

This remark may be incorrect, so if it is, please disregard it. These
are meant to be cautionary remarks.

If Op Stn needs to run on the same machine as TS, then I'd consider setting up a
separate machine or using another program. I use Tradestation for charts
and am quite happy with it but would be reluctant to put another program
on the same machine. I have a 133Mhz Pentium w/32M of RAM and there are
times it's bogged down just running charting and the server. If Op Stn uses
the same server, I'm sure I'd have some problems. Also Windows 3.1 and 3.11
are likely to have big problems with non-memory (user and GDI) resources
running out. Op Stn is also pretty new, so I'd be sure to get references
from existing users about it's accuracy. There's large differences between
option models. Take nothing for granted. Quality differs.

The idea of using more than one vendor also appeals to me. It's less likely
I'll get hosed off by a single point failure. I spread it off by using OpVue,
TS, and Market Center

Phil