Re: Time? and Price

Tom Stein wrote:

> One of the best tools I have seen for "time" is Robert Minors'
> stuff.......http://dynamictraders.com/dtsx.htm....
>
> the reason it sounds attractive is that
> you can require each swing to be of substantial length
>
> ...thus...you don't get
> caught up in the "black box" giving you 7 turn dates plus or minus 1 day for
> a total of 21 turn date projections for the next 20 days of trading and having
> each move being so minute as to be untradable....no wonder these guys tell you
> how accurate they are!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I don't have any association with Minor and I don't use time dates, but I'm
> always looking for something that may help.
>
> Tom Stein  comfut@xxxxxxx

You know it is really a shame when someone who has no conception of a
trading technique comes on and makes a statement like this. Here is one
who says 'the best tools I have seen for time' and yet ADMITS not using
it or any other time dates. No doubt not an authority on the subject.

So, Robert Minor was forthcomming and told his 'secret' of how he comes
up with his time days? If not, isn't that what you would also call a
'black box'?

Those who complain about a particular 'proprietary' formula and refer to
it as a black box are usually those who want something for nothing, and
when they don't get it, go around crying about the 'big bad' black box
trader. Interesting.

Sure 7 turn dates at plus or minus one day would make 21 probabilities.
There is no question about that. But who is going to give 7 time days
for one market in a 20 day time span? Try to be more realistic. 7 time
days in one market usually covers a few months!

And by the way, even if a vendor 'doesn't' say plus or minus one day,
how many times are their time days ACTUALLY a day off? Many times,
whether they say it or not. If one says, October 8th, and it happens
October 9th or 10th, what do you want to bet we all jump up and down and
say what a great forecaster he is? So get real here, some of us are very
open about the fact that hitting the NOSE EVERYTIME is unrealistic due
to factors of holidays and weekends, or someone burped next to the
President.

Again, for the critics I'm really glad I was able to provide PROOF of
the pudding when I posted the much repeated post of 5/30 that dealt with
4 time days which in deed picked turns in Soybeans for the month of
June. Really, the trader says he doesn't use time days yet says he is
always looking for something that may help. I don't think so. I think we
that.

Do you think that maybe, just once, instead of these ones criticising
about things they know very little about can just provide us with
something USEFUL that they feel can DO BETTER! Would be TIME better
spent.

Just my opinion.

rick

--