RE: stocks: Friday

Both James and Normans comments point out how different styles of trading may
be suited to different styles of markets...I found yesterdays' "whipsaw"
action to be very orderly and wonderful to trade using technical
analysis....many of the retracements that James and Norman charachterized as"
whipsaw" were approximately .618% of the previous move....if you want to see
an even better example of how beautiful the flow was...put up a 5min. chart of
the S&P futures with a 5min. stochastic below it....the stochastic called
every turn(this is unusual, generally the 5 min.stoch will stay over bought or
oversold for longer periods of time than was the case yesterday)...the bottom
line is...find a style of trading that works for you, just because someone
else doesn't make money using a particular style of trading, doesn't mean that
you won't or can't.......and vice versa

Tom Stein  comfut@xxxxxxx