Re: GEN: Historical Options Quotes, ASPEN and POWERTRADER

Dick Crotinger wrote:
> I use Vista/Ensign (DOS version) and BMI.  I can set up to archive any
> market, but as you point out, it is a manual undertaking for each symbol.
> The Windows version of Ensign can be set to archive *all* options, but then
> you have to take [and manage] everything.  I don't have an easy answer to

Dick, how do you like the Windows version of Ensign? Can it keep up with
archiving tick data on all 50k options and use only 40M?

I've found no one program does everything so I've had to cobble together
whatever tools I need to get the job done. Perhaps the way to solve this
is to consider using another program in addition to TS. I'm not wed to
the idea of using TS exclusively.

Has anyone out there had experience with POWERTRADER or ASPEN GRAPHICS?

Do they solve the problem we're talking about? (See prior msg background info.)

Still stumped in California....Trader Phil