stocks: Friday

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Today the market whipsawed and day trading the indexes would have been
rather difficult for anyone not on the floor, at least in my humble
opinion.  I felt the market wanted to go lower but could not sustain a
big down change for the day.  Many traders took short positions lately,
and for good reasons.  Some already made a nice profit. These shorts
will be nervous about their positions, and their stops will be tight. I
wonder if this is a setup where the institutions come in Friday and hit
the stops, forcing a short covering rally.  I think in the short term we
may see some action to the upside.

Money does not buy happiness, but I would rather be unhappy with a few
dollars in my pocket than unhappy and poor.  Let's be careful to make
some money out there tomorrow.

Best wishes,

James