Re: Why?

At 01:18 AM 2/18/2010, alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>1. I want to own the software I use, not rent it.

You seem to have the idea that software is a product like a TV set.

It is actually a service that has to be updated from time to time as the datafeed, operating systems, computers, symbol names, quote fields, order types, etc., change over time. And it is often cheaper to buy the service month to month as you need it rather than pay a lot of money up front. This also gives you the freedom to switch at any time.

Bob Fulks