Re: Is anyone using IB for rt data feed to TS2ki via MetaServer?

  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:07:38 -0600
  • From: Abhijit Dey <omegalist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Is anyone using IB for rt data feed to TS2ki via MetaServer?

Works fine. But is no longer my primary charting data feed. I am using TS online version for that purpose nowadays.

1. Use latest version of IBController from http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TWSAPI/files/Auto%20Login%20Codes/ to keep TWS alive over entire week with no user intervention (except the security code during login) 2. Use the bare minimum of utilities that mess with TCP/IP ports in your machine. Windows built in firewall is fine. Other network related utilities sometimes seem to affect the connection between MetaServer & IB. Basically don't run anything in that box that you don't have to.

With this in place, it should work pretty reliably. Not that you have much other options for IB + ts2ki combo nowadays, right?

Thanks,
Abhijit