Genetic Programs and Neurofuzzy Logic

  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:49:07 -0700 (PDT)
  • From: David Pyle <dpevergreen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Genetic Programs and Neurofuzzy Logic

Dear List,

I would like to ask what I hope are fair questions regarding genetic programs and neurofuzzy systems. If I am too simplistic in my understanding, I hope you will take the time to help me understand.

Here goes.. Are these types of programs super optimizated systems or distinct systems? Aren't these just brute optimizations, how do they have an advantage going forward? Don't genetic programs and neurofuzzy systems have a danger of curve fitting also? In other words if they don't have predictive features then aren't they just really good at curve fitting?

Thanks for allowing me to ask honest questions?

Dave Pyle