Re: Buh-bye AVG

  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 21:04:34 -0500
  • From: Abhijit Dey <omegalist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Buh-bye AVG

Basic idea during software installation is to always use custom install, and review the options carefully. It is my experience that in 90% of the cases, I end up unchecking the options checked by default and vice versa. That said, I suspect the culprit is a new option in AVG that you must remove. This monstrosity is called "Link Scanner". You must uncheck this and all sub options under it during install. If you already have it installed - a google search should point you to the right direction on how to remove it. You would reduce your own bandwidth usage and do the internet in general a favor. See: http://www.avg-watch.org/

Other than that I think it's still okay (must say I like free)