Re: Looking for some suggestions, to make this code run better??

  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:41:06 -0500
  • From: "Samuel K. Tennis" <sktennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Looking for some suggestions, to make this code run better??

Try surrounding your counter with "if  LastBarOnChart  then begin... end ;"

Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:06:16 +1000
From: "Rene Muench" <muenchr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Everyone,

The code below runs OK, but is very slow.
I don't know how to determine the cause of its slow running and wonder if
anyone of you guys could shade some in sides on how to make it run faster?

I am attempting to remove TS charts background grid and relace it with
trendlines as outlined in the code.
Please don't ask why I assigned certain values to the arrays. I couldn't get
the code to work until I assign these values, whether that makes sense or
not is a different question.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards,

Rene'
{Horizontal Trendlines by 7 points as of start of the chart and based on
close}
{sval = Starting amount, THVal = trendline Value}
{THDate Horizontal trendline date, THTime = Horizontal trendline time,
THTLRef = Horizontal trendline reference point}

Inputs:length(7),Min(308.00),Max(490.00);
vars: counter(0),sVal(0),THVal(0);
Arrays: THDate[10](0), THTime[10](0), THTLRef[32](100);

if currentbar = 1 then begin

THDate[0] = Date[0];
THTime[0] = Time[0];

end;

for counter = 1 to (Max - Min) + 1 begin

    if counter = 1 then begin {start from the top }

        sVal = Max;             {Stet the first horizontal trendline}

        THVal= sVal;
        THTLRef[counter] = TL_New(THDate[0], THTime[0], THVal, LastCalcDate
, THTime[0], THVal);
        THTLRef[counter] = TL_SetColor(THTLRef[counter], 15);
        THTLRef[counter] = TL_SetStyle(THTLRef[counter], 2);
        THTLRef[counter] = TL_SetExtRight(THTLRef[counter], true);
    end
    else begin if counter > 1 then begin

        sVal = sval - length;

        THVal= sVal;

        THTLRef[counter] = TL_New(THDate[0], THTime[0], THVal, LastCalcDate
, THTime[0], THVal);
        THTLRef[counter] = TL_SetColor(THTLRef[counter], 15);
        THTLRef[counter] = TL_SetStyle(THTLRef[counter], 2);
        THTLRef[counter] = TL_SetExtRight(THTLRef[counter], true);

end;
end;
end;
{end of code}