portfolio testing: what is it?

  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:22:52 +0000
  • From: Joel Reymont <joelr1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: portfolio testing: what is it?

My understanding is that portfolio testing is a big deal because it allows you to make sure your strategy is robust across a range of instruments (markets).

If my understanding is correct then what is it technically?

Is it just a matter of applying the same strategy to price quotes for the given instruments while keeping a single P&L for the whole set?

It must be something bigger than that since some products do not implement it and others charge an arm and a leg for it.

	Thanks, Joel

---
http://tinyco.de
--- Mac & iPhone