Re: Recreating the back adjusted vistorical number

I thought of that but thought the correction would be in the wrong direction.

The typical back adjustment (and the one I used in my calculations) simply shifted the price. That would have caused the average return to be larger than using the percentage method, (I think...), making the discrepancy even worse.

As Dennis said, the only correct way is to do the calculations accurately using the actual T-Bill rate and dividend data.

Bob Fulks