Re[2]: TS2000i under Vista - frustrating

Hey John,

I'm putting XP on a machine that was new last year and what always
happens to me on new equipment with old XP, let alone our dear 2000,
is drivers and many times the only listings are for Vista and if XP
drivers are listed they are wrong a lot.  It makes it a pain not to
stay up with the latest OS.  This was a trading machine with
Multicharts on it and vista was ok.  Now it is a media and whole house
controller.  Lots of problems that just aren't worth it in Vista.

I hear 7 is no better for our needs.  I guess we just struggle along.

Jimmy

One easy thing to do is set up a new partition and install XP or Win2000 on
it.  Run it as a dual boot so you can go back and forth between the beloved
Vista and the other (personally I prefer Win2000).  Get your Tradestation
running on the new partition, and any other programs you use...you'll be
back on the air and then you can diddle around with Vista all you like.  I
have a dual boot (or triple) setup on all my computers, it's very useful for
those moments when part of your hard drive(or profile) gets corrupted and
you need access to the computer.

John