To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: Switch between systems

I was merely giving the Original Poster, Dave
Pyle, what he asked for.  His message said,

"There must be a better way to switch between systems
than summing the last x bars.  Suggestions to try?"

and I offered three suggestions to try: %K, LRslope, %B.

Will these perform well on Dave Pyle's systems?
I hope so; but there's a chance they won't.

Here's a fourth suggestion: replace the word "switch"
by the word "knob".  Instead of restricting yourself
to only two possibilities:
  (100% of system A, 0% of system B)
  (0% of system A, 100% of system B)

allow yourself to imagine trading X% of system A and
(100-X)% of system B.  Imagine a "knob" that you can
smoothly rotate, from (A=100, B=0) to (A=0, B=100).

Now imagine using technical analysis indicators to
choose an appropriate value of X%.

The natural way to implement the knob is in the
choice of position sizing, at trade initiation
and also throughout the lifetime of the trade
(if your software allows it).

Mark Johnson