Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: Simple vs. Exponential MA periods

I assume that you are aware that the filtration characteristics of the two
averages, even with "equivalent" time spans, are quite different and that
the shapes of the outputs will often differ significantly.

I don't understand the problem with the simple MA - the only difference is
that you must maintain a list of the points included within the current
"window".

Regards,
Carroll

----- Original Message ----- From: "Philip Lane" <philtronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>