Re[4]: Multicharts optimization bug

SC,

Left click in version 4 and the data wimdow pops up. Maybe Version 4
is not the free test version.  In TS2ki you can have the one bar
window or a box with all the data.  I haven't found where you can
change to that in MC4.  Maybe it is not a feature yet.
I'll ask them to implement that.  I like it better.  I've been
exporting the data then using notepad or excel to look at it.  I
usually have to do that anyway.

When I get a bad tick I open the quote manager and delete it.  Then
use <CTRL> R to refresh the chart.  Works well.

The program is not perfect but they make improvements as we report
them.

Jimmy

I had a brief look at Multicharts and overall it's a very nice
charting package.
Some things I think need improvements.
The program won't start without an active Internet connection, I
installed the demo version and when I clicked on the icon nothing
happened, at first thought I must have got a faulty download but after
about five minutes a window popped up Unable to find server.
Ever heard of working off-line.

There is no Data Window, in the TS data window, click on any bar in
the chart and the data in the window jumps to that line and shows the
data values and the values of the plotted indicators, this is very
valuable when trying to problem solve indicators that aren't plotting
correctly, or when comparing an indicators values with the same study
written in excel.

A further problem with having no access to the charts data is there is
no way to edit a bad tick, if you are trading and the chart gets a
wild spike it's all over for trading till the bad tick is fixed, and
exchanges have an uncanny way of giving out bad ticks just before
things like fed interest rate reports are to be released.

I have to stay with TS because I need my data window crutch, but it would
be nice to see Multicharts implement some access to data.
SC

--
Best regards,
 SC                            mailto:secaseba@xxxxxxxxxx