Re: Volatility

>Does anyone know how the Easy Language "Volatility" function is
>calculated?  Is volatility(length) the same as xaverage(truerange,
>length)?

I thought it was something that has a value only if it's in your
data stream, or some feature of OptionStation.  I never used it
because I don't know how it's calculated.

Traditionally, volatility is calculated as an average of log
returns.  Because log scales and price ratios are meaningless for
reverse-adjusted futures contracts (they make sense for stocks),
I doubt TradeStation is doing it the "correct" way.

I imagine the TS volatility would be something like the average
of changes between closes, which is mathematically the same as
(close[n-1]-close[0])/n.

NinjaTrader has a Slope() function that has exactly that result, not
a regression slope like you'd expect.

-Alex