From: Jimmy Snowden [mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 4:18 PM
To: Omega-List; ribau@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re[2]: Vista - A complete RIP OFF

OK YOU ASKED FOR IT...  No just kidding.  I have one machine much like yours
and running the same version of MC and it works great from day one.  The
other machine is 12 gig ECC buffered memory, dual quad Intel processors,
RAID configured drives and absolutely nothing else running.  It came with XP
Pro, I didn't have time to build one, but somehow I thought I needed VISTA
to boost memory from 4 GB to 12 or more.  MC went crazy after the close
Friday and after I backed the computer up.  Found out Vista backup is an
image and only one.  It overwrites the old backup.  I was cooked.
Formatted, XP Pro'ed it and it runs better than ever today plus it can use
the extra memory.  All you have to do with either is run a second or more
instance of MC.
Yahoo.  I do like some things about Vista but mostly it is bloatware.
I'll wait for the next Microsoft OS to upgrade again.

Jimmy

I've been running Vista Home Premium with MC since July 2007, now running
v3.1.1353.400, and have never had a problem. In fact, no problems at all
with Vista. It does require beefy hardware, I'm running 3.0GHz Intel Core2
Duo (E6850 on Asus P5K) with 4Gb DDR2.

I turned off the eye candy because it was irritating, not because it was
causing problems, and I turned off UAC just because it's so stupid. One
thing that improves performance and boot time is ReadyBoost, use a fast 4Gb
thumb drive with 4Gb machine memory.

Using IQFeed v4.2.1.4

I would like to add that I routinely run Excel, Quicken, FireFox, and
PhotoShop on the same machine during market hours.

Don't throw things at me, but I love Vista.