Re[2]: best testing software for intraday trading?

Brian,

I used Tradestation 2000i from inception to a few months ago.  I
switched to Multicharts.  It has backtesting but I am a discretionary
trader so I haven't even tried a system on it.  Multicharts is very
much like Tradestation except for the bugs they never fixed on TS2ki.
I switched to MC and was trading in five hours from when I paid them
for a copy.  It is not a complete program yet but they keep adding
things.  It only lacks pretty minor things right now.  Sorry about my
ignorance on the backtesting.

Some of the things I like.

1. handles volume correctly.
2. will build volume bar charts.
3.  works really well with two or more symbols on a chart.
4. Has data on demand and can use the Global server if you want.
5. Can run multiple instances of itself.  I'm running Vista business
32 bit version with dual Intel quad processors and with 12 gigs of
memory right now.  Each instance of MC will use just over 2 gig of
memory max and the load is split between the eight processors.
6. Support is terrific.
7. You can import your Tsk2i systems or indicators and MC will convert
them to dlls.  The MC code is very much like Ts2ki.  If I don't have
problems with it anyone can use it.

I'm sure there is more but hey best of all it runs well.

I'm now running it on a second machine with 4 gigs and Vista.  Works
great.

Jimmy
No connection to Multicharts or TSSupport.

I appreciate the suggestions everyone provided. In searching around I also
came across neoticker and ninja trader. They seem to have intraday
capabilities too. Anyone have any opinions of them?