user error?

I must really be brain dead... at the very least it must be a case of user error. Can someone tell me what obvious thing I am missing? If I have a simple system that loses 100k, shouldn't it make a profit of 100k buy changing the Buy to Sell, and the Sell to a Buy?

This example is a loser on the chart I'm looking at:

if c > average(c,50)
then buy on close;

if c < average(c,50)
then sell on close;

If I reverse the buy and sell signals in TS2k, it still is a loser. But if I reverse the entry signals in Metastock it is a winner by the same amount it had previously lost.

What am I doing wrong in TS?
Thanks!