Re[2]: Prices / Data Falling Behind

futures in TS2ki are not setup to handle volume and TS2ki doesn't
handle volume correctly in any symbol.

Do this.  Run the GS offline.  Export your data from say ES.  Then
change the name of ES from say ES #F (if esignal) to ESF.  Then add
your new ES #F as an index.  Be sure all settings are correct.  Then
import the data you exported.  Then go online.  Been a while but I
think that is what I always did.  I'm absolutely positive you can save
your data.  You may want to backup first.  Just backup the whole
Server folder or at least PDS folder and the symlist file in the
Server folder.  That way you can always start over where you were
before.

Jimmy

one thing that's common in ts2000i, a glitch/ bug of some type, that causes
increased resources and lag like performance when setting a symbol up as a
'future' in globalserver.
ES, Ym, NQ, etc..
(if my description is off a bit, forgive me)
so, the solution many have recommended is..
setup ES, for example, as a stock or index.. i use stock.
i did this ~ 18 months ago.. and indeed, it helped  :)
the downside, if memory serves, was i had to start back at square 1 with
data collection.
no importing the of 'futures' data.
there was a nice tutorial on the esignal - tradestation2000i forum if you
are interested..
i think this issue was confined to futures symbols, so, disregard if you are
in another area.
good luck..
jim