free or inexpensive options data

Timothy Morge asked:
>  I am doing a little research. Hopw hard will it be for me to find
> free or inexpensive options pricing data on VLO, for example, for
> the past 7-12 months? Any suggestions?

I've never seen free historical options data, unless you sign up for a
free trial at, say, optionetics.com, or start downloading it yourself to
build a history.

Other than that, when I've needed historical data in the past, I've
purchased it directly from CBOE.

Hm, CBOE data is now being sold through marketdataexpress.com.
Pricing for a single security end-of-day summary is $3/month, or
$180 for 10 years of data.

http://www.marketdataexpress.com/servicePriceList.aspx

-Alex