To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:43 PM
Subject: RE: Russell 2000 futures moving to ICE

Uh...no one on this list reads "Futures Magazine" ?
They just had a huge article on this very subject....June 2008 edition(Page
68 to be specific).
The ICE volume has been anemic-at-best so far.
They anticipate that it will ramp-up at the end of the year...and that the
ICE platform can "handle it".
However, the CME's S&P Small Cap 600 contract has a .9956 correlation in
price to the Russell 2000 contract....
And of course they, being a monopoly of sorts, have offered incentives and
waived exchange fees to trade this "replacement" contract.
Bottomline: if ICE "messes-up"...they're toast as far as the Russell
contract volume goes.
Traders will go back to the proven Globex platform and the Small Cap 600
contract.