Exporting RT to excel - reliably

Anyone have an effective and reliable method to export realtime
marketposition, avgentryprice and currentcontracts from 8.3 to excel
for a number of systems in TS - I've tried EL collections, ELXL link
1.3* (which is unbelievably useless) and global variables - all of which
can work with data but don't seem to like I_marketposition etc.

Perhaps you have a method which does't require a crow bar to
pull out everything RT in the TradeManager /open positions via xl or an
access database?  The type of RT facility which any 'normal' platform
who don't give a crap about where their clients execute would offer?

Thanks,

Michael