Re: TS 8.x on vmware?

Hi,

I use it on my Trading PC , cause I'm frustrated to shut down a working system and next day nothing works... my personal feeling is that the best thing to keep a MS system alive is to install nothing. The next point is the more and more strict activation policy of MS - Hey I bought several licenses - give MS my hard earned money - and I hate to take a phone call to MS cause I changend a Harddisk or something else on my PC. And the rest I can say with one word: VISTA - the minimum hardware requirements drive me crazy... I need a OS with works stable nothing more but when a OS needs more Hardware than the software I use there is something wrong - With Vista on it my Laptop would be unusable

So I step for step turned my used software to Open-Source which also works under Linux

from IE to Firefox
from Outlook to Thunderbird
from MSOffice to OpenOffice... and so on - then I switched to Ubuntu last year

Today I can do all of my daily needs under Linux - and trust me - the installation of a Linux system for multimonitor use is a little bit tricky - sure - but after it works (6 Monitors) - I have no problems at
all and it runs without any glitch..

Yesterday I setup the new Ubuntu 8.04 on my Laptop - 4 hours and all Software is personal adapted and working - for me as an long time MS-update-approved user - really amazing - the system didn't slow down in speed -
my last XP setup - I can't remember the days...

So for Software I can't use under Linux (TS2000i and some days ago TS8) - I use VMs - and thats really great -
use the best of all worlds at the same time..

I made several VMs
- 1 VM - I use as Master - Win2000 installed with security software - then I copy this VM and made
- 1 VM for Trading - I install no other software on it
- 1 VM for Testing software

Win2000Pro is best the best choice if you take your VMs between different PCs no activation problem...

I made regualary backups of my VMs - if a problem appear - I only switch to the backup and didn't
have to stop working any more...

Bye

Ralf