From: unicorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:unicorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Alex Matulich
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 9:49 AM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ESignal

Chris Evans wrote:
>I'm a TS 8.X user and am going a little crazy as I seem to be
>freezing/crashing the program all the time (apparently this is
>a common and unfixable problem) so I looked at Esignal recently
>as a substitute - has anyone looked at their language/testing

Last I looked, they were using Javascript as a programming language.
That's fine, but I don't know how much overhead bookkeeping you have
to write yourself, that EasyLanguage already does for you (e.g.
variables are automatic series).  I've seen trading systems written
in WealthLab's WealthScript that require far more lines of code than
the same thing written in EasyLanguage -- it would be interesting to
see such a comparison with Javascript.

-Alex