Micro - Trend Trading

If a person was to determine the trending properties of a market using
daily data.  What point of data do you think would best provide look?
Example on might use the highs of a bar to calculate the trendiness of
an uptrend vise versa for down trendiness. One might use the mean as a
stable price input or the basic close of each bar.

If we can determine the best price input, then we could search for the
best trend indicator.  Once that is determined then we can export and
or plot in TS that data to actually view the trend worthiness of a
commodity.  I think the out come will be few trends and much chop.
Thus solidifying my argument for the past hump-teen years that markets
chop more than they trend.

Also this is supported by the need of trend traders to continually add
new markets into their portfolio because the horse they just got off
of needs a long awaited rest "many times years" prior to it getting up
and trending again.  But then again we could go down a notch in time
frame and discover a whole micro world of trends within larger chop.
This is really where I believe that trend traders should be focusing.
We have had swing trading but not micro trend trading.  So thats my
trade mark now micro trend trading. ;)

Mark Brown