Re: Cable vs DSL

My experience was that cable was not quite as reliable.  That is
arguable but what is not is that cable is subject to outages that do
not effect your TV but kill your internet.  If Grandma smashes into a
pole with the node your area is pulling from you could be out for
days not hours.  It takes special people to work on the internet side
of the cable business.  These things might vary from one area to
another.  I don't know.  I wonder if cable has dial up as a backup?
Guess not as they really don't have phone lines.

Jimmy

There was a discussion a while back regarding using cable vs DSL for
trading using IB/2000i. I belive DSL won out but can't remember the details.
Searching the purebytes archives starts at 2004 and older.
Can anyone point out the concerns?
Many thanks,
Dave...