Re: "The Sharpe Engine" My 2008 project

It seems that real problem involves the higher moments
of the distribution, right? In comparing a sample of
equity curves, if they are all normally distributed
then there's not much of a problem with the sharpe
ratio. However, if the curves happen to exhibit
varying degrees of skew and kurtosis then there is a
problem in that you aren't comparing apples to apples,
so to speak. An equity curve with a high SR and
negative skew might not be preferable to an equity
curve with a lower SR and positive skew.

Trey