Automated trading question - where do the orders "live" ?

Hello,

I have an automated trading question - where do the orders "live" ?

Assuming I am in an open long CME/Globex futures position at x, I want to take profits at x+20 or stop losses at x-10, where do these orders live?

I.E. Do I have to keep TS running 24/7, does the order live in the Globex order book or does TS hold the order and release at the requested price?

Does any documentation surrounding this exist that I can read more on ?

Thanks !!

Justin