wreless internet security

I'm running W2k and wonder if someone can tell me what I need to do to protect my computer when at wi-fi hotspots , like staying at hotels with wireless internet. I'm concerned about people being able to get my passwords, etc for my brokerage accounts, etc. I have the free ZoneAlarm and also a Linksys wireless router with built in firewall....... but usually I do not use it as a wireless. When I do i use WEP encryption.

If anyone can help I will appreciate it immensely.