To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:54 PM
Subject: GlobalServer ASCII & XPO & tick data

There's a fellow in Europe (Paulo) working on an ASCII history downloader specifically for Interactive Brokers data feed. He's offering to customize the tool for user specific situation.

MetaServerRT and its companion IBLoader seem to be on different planets recently when using IB's simulated tick data.

The developer is oriented to pleasing his FX trader users. Whether that's because Index Futures traders are few or not few ... I don't know.

But, a history download using IBLoader now looks nothing like a live data file. There's about ten times as much data in a download compared to live data. I don't see a way to throttle the history download or to change the live data input to GlobalServer to match.

The live data includes only price changed ticks. The history downloaded data includes unchanged price ticks. Hence the large difference in character. IBLoader renders my indicators for realtime useless after fixing a data hole.

So, with the idea of using Paulo's history downloader (jTWSdump)and GlobalServer's ASCII import tool, I'm seeking help with importing ASCII intraday 1-sec data. So far, just in all but two tries an error has occurred. And in the those two cases where there was no import error, I could not find the supposedly imported data.

Thoughts?