Re: Daytrading volume indicator...need some help

You addressed your question to "Gary" but I assume you mean me since I posted that code.

The reserved word "Upticks" is defined as:

    Returns the number of ticks on a bar whose value is higher
    than the tick immediately preceding it. Returns the Up volume
    of a bar when Trade Volume is used for the chart.

So "Upticks - DownTicks" would be:

    Returns the sum of the number of contracts whose trade was
    at a value higher than that of the tick immediately preceding
    it, minus the number of contracts whose trade was at a value
    lower than that of the tick immediately preceding it

My code determines the following:

    This indicator calculates the sum of the number of
    contracts traded at the ask price minus the number of
    contracts traded at the bid price within each bar.
    It also plots an exponential moving average of the
    values. It only works on real-time data.

The two things are not the same. One compared the trade price with the previous trade and the other compares the trade price with the bid/ask price.

Bob Fulks