Re: an "API"

There are a few - look in interactivebroker.com, under 3rd party tools. Avoid anyone trying to charge you per trade - that's a rip off.

There are 2 approaches to do this.
1) Some program monitoring pop-up alerts in TS, and figuring out what to do. I would strongly advise to avoid this. This approach is very brittle and will break 2) Better approach: Programs running as a mail server in your local machine, and configuring TS to send alert mail to this mail server. Much easier than it sounds - less than a page worth of code can accomplish this. Than the program can parse the email body and use IB's API (or whoever else's API) to send / cancel orders. This part - parsing the email body, managing orders in "3rd party" brokers API etc. is the complicated part of the approach. But you have to do that even if go route 1.

Sadly I don't have any code to share right now. I personally implemented approach 2, and it worked great. An unfortunate hard disk crash caused me to lose some code, including this (had 2 HDD in raid-mirroring - both crashed in 15 minutes interval... can you believe that?). Anyways, I am a bit more discretionary / long-term right now, and haven't bothered to rewrite that code. But it can be done, and it works well.

HTH,
Thanks - Abhijit