Re: bad data from TradeStation

I use TS 8.1 and Interactive's TWS. I see many price ticks on TS 8.1 for various stocks, in the after hours market every day, that are not quoted on my Interactive Trader Workstation. I find this sometimes confusing and would sure like to know what's going on.

Ron

----- Original Message ----- From: "robert pisani" <r.pisani@xxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2007 10:27 AM
Subject: bad data from TradeStation

This was sent to TradeStation Data Integrity --

I have opened an equities trading account at TradeStation Securities. Although it is currently just a modest account, my intention was to add substantial funds to this account after checking its behavior. However, I have recently encountered a problem that would prevent me from using this account at all.

At the open on 9/6/07 TradeStation data had PTMK show some spurious low ticks, around $12.01, but they were incorrect ticks -- both eSignal and Fidelity both showed a low for that day of $12.59. On checking the tick chart, one sees that it wasn't just a single tick, but several ticks. Further, TradeStation data on the open on 9/7/07 and on the open at 9/10/07 also show spurious ticks.

These do not appear to be isolated problems. If you look daily chart of PTMK, you will see problem data on 9/17/07. 8/20/07, 8/22/07, 9/6/07, and 9/7/07, and possibly elsewhere not obvious except on a tick chart.

I can't seem to get a response from TradeStation. Can someone tell me if TradeStation Securities has any safeguards against trades based upon clearly incorrect data?

In particular, if I had held a long position in PTMK on 9/6/08, and I had placed a sell stop at around $12.47, would TradeStation Securities brokerage have stopped me out (at around the $12.01 level) because of TradeStation's incorrect data?

Bob Pisani