Re: looking for a laptop that will run TS 8.x and other programs too

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: looking for a laptop that will run TS 8.x and other programs too
  • From: Code 2 <code2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:05:42 -0700

You could buy the laptop with Vista installed, reformat the hard drive
and install XP from your old computer's installation CD.  As long as
XP is uninstalled from the old computer, you are not violating the
licence.

The only downsides are that you will need to obtain and reinstall your
drivers (make sure you can get XP-compatible drivers, first), and
updating the operating system for the first time on the Windows update
site will be something of a drawn out affair.