Re: Vista and TS 8.2/8.3

At 02:25 PM 8/23/2007, robert pisani wrote:

>Any problems reported with Vista and TS 8.2 or 8.3?

Problems with Vista:

At 08:14 AM 8/19/2007, XXX wrote:

>My youngest son's best friend returned two CPU's to Dell with Vistas
>that blew up on him, one time refusing to budge at all ("52 critical
>errors").  Total freeze.  They finally replaced his machine with one
>that had XP.  From day one, I understand that Dell has been offering
>XP to those who refuse to buy Vista.

After the Vista release, Dell totally switched everything over to
Vista-only. I could not find an XP machine on their site so I bought a
Sony laptop with XP.

In the early summer, they started sending me "special sale" emails
with links to "hidden" web pages on their site that allowed either
Vista or XP.

Now the choice of either Vista or XP is everywhere on the site.

Many configurations now recommend XP.

Several corporate IT managers I know have not approved Vista for use
in their corporations yet and see no reason to switch from XP.

Other signs of the not-dead-yet OS's vigor have included retreats by
OEMs like Dell Inc. from earlier Vista-only policies. In April, for
example, Dell again began offering Windows XP as an option to
consumers. It had already done the same thing for small business
customers.
From: http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,135848/article.html#

Other interesting items:

Dell warns of Vista upgrade challenges:

< http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39287855,00.htm>

Application testing delays corporate Vista rollouts:

< http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39287046,00.htm>

Windows XP: The OS That Won't Die?:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,135848/article.html#

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2c Release
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2c has released to
manufacturing and will be available to system builders in
September 2007.

http://tinyurl.com/22ocn7

Bob Fulks