Re: Bet sizing question: Scaling

>>the question was asked if scaling out of positions
makes more money<<

The answer is NO.

Any of us who have built many systems and worked
on single or multiple entries and exits have realized
this long ago.

I have ample proof from a Breakout e-mini system that
I've been trading now for two years. I purposefully
programmed it to scale-out, for one reason.
It mirrored the way I trade intraday. It felt
right, no other reason.

When comparing the same system with single exits,
it did "Make more money"

My opinion: Build a system you can actually trade
and stick with.

So long as the market paradigm you are tracking stays
in play and you don't have statistically significant
breaches in STD.DEV., of your historically worse
drawdown a pretty doable feat.

mike