Re: EasyLanguage to C# translator

On May 25, 2007, at 6:13 PM, robert pisani wrote:

I don't imagine the Joel's translator will continue to be free once it's running perfectly.

That is correct. After all I do need a way to feed my trading habit. Trading education is very expensive as I have already had a chance to find out with options on earnings and the ER2 vs the ES.

It would only remain to develop the hooks into whatever platform I choose. And I have a lot of code in C# that I can't run in TradeStation, and perhaps someone -- perhaps even TradeStation -- will develop hooks for C# to TS Charting.

I am a greedy materialist at heart but the "EL compatibility layer" for Topdog is an open source project. It's a work in progress since there are over 1000 functions and reserved words in EL but the source code repository can be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/topdog/.

I don't plan to emulate all the functions, I won't have activity bars, trend lines or paintbars, for example. Commentaries and alerts won't be there for a while, if ever.

A lot of things that I won't be translating have to do with capabilities built into NinjaTrader. I should be able to expand the functionality of the translator as more functionality is added to NinjaTrader. This is also why translating from C# to EL may well be impossible. It should be possible to translate between WealthScript, EL, Ensign, AmiBroker and other similar trading languages as they have similar capabilities. It should also be possible to translate those languages into C#.

I like TS Charting, but have some problems with the rest, and this may lead to a solution to that.

Indeed!

	Thanks, Joel

[1] Partial list of things not supported by Topdog:

No AB_, TL_, PB_, q_ (quote fields)

No this bar on close, commentaries (CheckCommentary, etc.), alerts.

No #EVENTS, ActivityData, AddToMovieChain, AtCommentaryBar, AUTOSESSION, BarInteval, Beta, BoxSize, ClearPrintLog (not possible in NinjaTrader), Commission, DeliveryMonth, DeliveryYear, Dividend, DividendYield, DownTicks, UpTicks, EPS*, ExecOffset, ExpirationDate, FirstNoticeDate, GetAccount*, GetBD*, GetFund*, GetNumPositions, GetOpenOrderInitialMargin, GetPosition*, GetRT*, GetTodaysRTTradeEquity, GetUnclearedDeposits, IsFundDataAvailable, IsValidFundField, LeftSide, MakeNewMovieRef, Margin, InitialMargin, MaxBarsForward, Page*, PlayMovieChain, PlotPaintBar, PlotPB, RevSize, RightSide, StockSplit*.

--
http://wagerlabs.com/