Re: Hull Moving average

Trey Johnson wrote:

>Hello Alex,
>	Could you give another example, one that's open source possibly?

I don't know of any, other than crude ones like Kaufman's Adaptive
Moving Average.

I've written some myself, and they are a real chore to tune, to get
the right balance between overshoot, lag, and smoothness.  After
trying it myself, I can understand how Mark Jurik spent so long
developing his JMA.

John Ehlers might have something in one of his books.

The basic algorithm involves some measurement of noise, comparing
each price movement to that noise, and adjusting parameters
controlling velocity and position of the underlying smoothing
function (such as an infinite-impulse-response Kalman filter) based
on the price movement compared to the noise.

-Alex