Re[2]: Tradestation / eSignal / Zone Alarm firewall

  • To: Code 2 <code2@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Tradestation / eSignal / Zone Alarm firewall
  • From: Michael Guess <mguess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:27:06 -0500

Did all your suggestions and am hoping for the best.

Thanx!

Michael

At 07:32 PM 10/18/2006, you wrote:
Run some tests.  Take down your firewall for a week and see if your
connection remains stable.  Put up your firewall again and see if the
connection is lost.  One of the problems with Zone Alarm is that it
isn't as configurable as other firewalls, so you can't look at
individual rules to see what traffic is being blocked.

Also, check its program control settings.  The eSignal data manager
needs to be able to run as a "server" (I think that means inbound TCP
traffic is permitted for that application).

My recollection is that eSignal needs some unusual ports open to
inbound TCP traffic.  In Kaj's case, it's possible Zone Alarm used to
simply block all out-of-the-ordinary traffic.