Off topic... laptop battery question

Hello...

This is an off topic question, so please skip over
this if you wish.

I have a question about the best way to preserve the
life of my laptop battery. I recently made my first
purchase and I'm wondering if...

1) I should routinely use my laptop off of its battery
and let it drain down to the 'low battery' notice
appears before recharging, or,

2) should I avoid such practice and use the AC power
whenever possible?

I primarily use my laptop at home or otherwise in a
place where I really do not need battery power. I'd
like to treat my machine well for a long life.

I know this group has a great audience of tech savvy
folks, so I'm hoping some of you may wish to offer
some advice. Thanks very much for reading... and I now
return you to regular programming.

Bill

test'; ">

test'; ">