Fwd: Re: TS 2000i data transfer question

sorry typo.  Make no changes from the last install.  Not on changes.

Reinstall TS2ki on top of the Win2000 OS machine ( the one you can't
open the workspace).  Just reinstall it right on top and make on
changes then reboot.

Jimmy

I would appreciate some insight on this:
I'm running 2000i Vs 5.00.0822 on both Win2000Prof  and XP Prof. platforms on two different systems.
IF I copy 'My Work' and 'Server' from the XP OS to the Win2000  OS and replace the files intact, I get an error message of 'I/O Error, Cannot Open Master File' when attempting to open an Omega Research Workspace File (.ORW).
My understanding and past experience has been successful in transferring these files from NT4 to Win2000 pro.
Both Win2000 and XP Pro are using NTFS file format but is there some incompatibility between them I'm not aware of?
Thanks for any help and suggestions.
Ron E.
--- Begin Message ---
Reinstall TS2ki on top of the Win2000 OS machine ( the one you can't
open the workspace).  Just reinstall it right on top and make on
changes then reboot.

Jimmy

I would appreciate some insight on this:
I'm running 2000i Vs 5.00.0822 on both Win2000Prof  and XP Prof. platforms on two different systems.
IF I copy 'My Work' and 'Server' from the XP OS to the Win2000  OS and replace the files intact, I get an error message of 'I/O Error, Cannot Open Master File' when attempting to open an Omega Research Workspace File (.ORW).
My understanding and past experience has been successful in transferring these files from NT4 to Win2000 pro.
Both Win2000 and XP Pro are using NTFS file format but is there some incompatibility between them I'm not aware of?
Thanks for any help and suggestions.
Ron E.

--- End Message ---