From: John Pretorius [mailto:johnpretorius@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 26 April 2006 13:09
To: 'Omega Forum'
Subject: RE: Recent Spam

OK let's assume they are all pump&dump. Is there not a bit of profit to
be made from them anyway? Say the spammer is talking up XYZ Baloons at
100 - absolutely guaranteed to hit 200 by the end of next week. At the
open it has probably already hit 110. Get in there and immediately put
in a limit sell for 115 on the assumption that he is going to dump at
120. I don't know what the numbers are, but presumably having a look at
a bit of history would show up a pattern and thus provide the basis for
a relatively risk free scalp trade.

Fortunately my ISP uses an excellent spam filter so I only occasionally
get to see this stuff - about one every three weeks, up from zero a year
ago. Maybe they don't bother with "foreigners" but I don't think so.

Is anyone prepared to provide the list with sharenames and "spam-date"?
Perhaps someone has already done some homework.

John R Pretorius