Re: Dumb Forex plot query

Hi Jimmy,
        Excellent stuff! That seems to work, many thanks.

Ian

Jimmy Snowden wrote:
You might try multiplying the Close-Open to get it to a number EL can
see. Just guessing but I always found tiny numbers were way to small
for the program to deal with. So try something like CL=Close and
OP=Open then (10,000*CL)-(10,000*OP) and see what happens.

Jimmy

Hi All,
I haven't messed with EL for a while so I'm probably doing something really dumb here.

I'm trying to plot a point below a bar if the body is only 1 pip:

if (close-open)=0.0001 then plot1(low,"Pip");

I don't get any plots, even when c-o is 0.0001. In fact, I don't get any plots if I change the range to 0.0002, 0.0005 or whatever. However, I *do* get a plot with no-range bars:

if (close-open)=0 then plot1(low,"Pip");

This also works:

plot1((close-open),"Pip");

when plotted as a histogram and it plots all the ranges of the bars correctly.

I thought it might have something to do with the Price Scale in GS but that's set to 1/10000 (non-JPY symbols) so I think that's okay.

Anyone any ideas?

Ian